Water spirits are guardian spirits allied with the element of water. Unlike ice spirits, they can manipulate all forms of water in it's liquid form. Similar to earth spirits, they are one of the most common types of spirits.
List of known water spirits
- Zhi Ming
- Water manipulation: Water spirits can generate, control, shape and absorb water and other liquids to accomplish various effects.
- Aquatic adaptation: They are easily able to adapt to aquatic environments.
- Water combat: They can fuse physical combat with their water powers to execute deadly physical and ranged attacks.
- Water projection: They can release water and liquid in the form beams, bolts, waves, balls and blasts.
- Water constructs: They can mold and shape water into tools or objects such as appendages, armor, barriers, restraints and weapons.
- Water mimicry: They can physically transform into water or liquid substances.
- Water transportation: They are capable of riding along large bodies of water and rivers to reach another location while in their water form.
- Water walking: They can defy surface tension by walking and moving across the surface of water.
- Water cutting: They can use water to cut, slice and pierce matter and solid objects.
- Tidal wave generation: They can call forth giant waves of water to crash down upon their opponents and wash everything away.
- Dermal armor: They can manipulate water pressure to harden water and other liquids to provide natural armor.
- Moisture absorption: They can absorb water vapor and moisture from the atmosphere or living organisms.
- Bubble manipulation: They can create and manipulate different kinds of bubbles and foam by emitting bubble beams, creating bubble shields and creating bubbles for entrapment.
- Motor-skill manipulation: By controlling the water within living organisms, they can control the motor functions of others.
- Water empowerment: They become stronger in the presence of large supplies of water.
- Lunar empowerment: They become stronger in the presence of the moon.
The first water spirit was Plezira, created by Zenith. Nearly all water spirits can be traced back to Plezira and Zenith. Due to the large abundance of water and water-based creatures in the world, water spirits are some of the most common types of spirits.