Tai Lung, also known as the Origin Spirit of Fire and Vermilion Dragon, is a guardian spirit and the Origin Spirit of fire. He is one of the first spirits created by Zenith and is the original source of the element of fire. He takes on the form of a dragon. He is the mate of Artymis.
Tai Lung is a large dark red dragon with orange and red fins along his back and tail. The fins are particularly larger along his shoulders, allowing him glide through the air along air currents. He has dusty white horns and long whiskers coming off his nose and face. He has a distinctive black mark on his eyes that was passed onto his two children.
Tai Lung was once a creature full of rage fueled by the fires he was created to embody. He couldn't help but get into fights with other spirits and was often berated and defeated by his fellow Origin Spirits because of his troublesome attitude. In hopes of improving himself, Tai Lung left the Earth to visit other worlds and broaden his horizon where he landed in the Dragon Realm. After he met and fell in love with Artymis , he became more docile but was still a force to be reckoned with. He has learned much from the elder dragons of the Dragon Realm and has even joined the Dragon Council and remains one of their most wise and influential members.
Tai Lung was mystified by Artymis' beauty and fell in love with her at first sight. However, her reputation of her beauty preceded her as she had many suitors vying for her attention. Thankfully, fate was on his side as Artymis was intrigued by the foreigner as well.
As the original source of fire, Tai Lung is able to manipulate not only all forms of fire, but also heat and temperatures. Though he cannot manipulate cold temperature, he can absorb heat from his enemies, rendering them frozen. His long body gives him flexibility and the large fins on his back allow him to glide through the air.
- Heat Scale: Long’s body temperature is so high, it can burn anything that touches him.
- White Fire: Tai Lung breathes burning white flames.
- Dragon Meteor Storm: Tai Lung charges energy and stores it inside his body before releasing it into the sky as a destructive meteor shower.
- Cross Inferno: Tai Lung coats his body in fire and strikes.
- Scale Guard: His scales harden to withstand any attack.
- Tai Lung's name means 'big dragon' in Chinese and was influenced by the character of the same name in Kung Fu Panda.
- His original name was going to be Long.
- Tai Lung's design is based on William O'Connor's Temple Dragon from Dracopedia.