Darkness spirits are guardian spirits allied with the element of darkness. They thrive in darkness and night and can manipulate shadows and dark energy in a variety of ways. They are also highly elusive and very deceptive. Notable darkness spirits are Koumori and Muninn.
List of known darkness spirits
- Darkness manipulation: Darkness spirits can summon, create, control, materialize and absorb shadows and darkness energy to accomplish various effects.
- Darkness adaptation: They are easily able to adapt to dark environments and possesses heightened sense in the absence of light.
- Shadow combat: They can fuse physical combat with their darkness powers to execute deadly physical and ranged attacks.
- Shadow projection: They can release darkness and shadow energy in the form beams, bolts, waves, balls and blasts.
- Shadow constructs: They can mold and shape darkness and shadows into tools or objects such as appendages, armor, barriers, restraints and weapons.
- Shadow duplication: They can also create duplicates of themselves or other objects and individuals and even create and control beings made of darkness.
- Darkness teleportation: They can teleport from one area of shadows to another.
- Shadow camouflage and cloaking: They can become invisible while in shadows or areas of darkness.
- Appearance alteration: They can utilize shadows to alter the appearance of themselves or other objects and individuals.
- Shadow form: They can physically transform into a shadow, which also grants intangibility.
- Night vision: They can see clearly in darkness.
- Night empowerment: They become stronger during the night.
The first darkness spirit was Anlortim, created by Zenith the origin of all guardian spirits. Just about every darkness spirit can be linked back to Anlortim and Zenith. Darkness spirits have a preference towards the night and rarely come out during the day, preferring to remain in dark corners, caverns and other areas of darkness.